8LT & 8T Series (MIL-DTL-38999 Series I & II)
The Esterline/Souriau 8LT and 8T series (MIL-DTL-38999) are suitable to withstand the most severe needs of aerospace and military applications. These include civil and military aerospace, communication equipment, ballistic missiles & weapon systems, tanks, test equipment.
- Esterline/Souriau 8LT connectors (MIL-DTL-38999 series I compliant) offer a large choice of contact arrangements, a similar design to 38999 series III, with greatest weight and space savings. 8LT connectors are available with RoHS plating (cadmium free).
- 8T connectors (MIL-DTL-38999 series II compliant) give a compact connector solution. The 8T connector design has a large contact layout (from 1 to 28 contacts), 11 different shells available and 43 layouts (from size 8 to 24). These focus on applications requiring high-density connection systems. 8T connectors are available with RoHS plating (black zinc nickel).
8LT and 8T connectors offer a concrete RoHS substitute to cadmium. Esterline Connection Technologies/Souriau has over 10 years of experience in producing ZnNi with continuous improvements to meet military and aerospace harsh environmental conditions. Their ZnNi connectors are the first one to be qualified by the United States Defense standards organization (DLA Land and Maritime). It provides the most cost-effective solution for a cadmium substitute finish.
- Quick bayonet coupling
- Contact protection
- Audible, sensitive and visual mating check
- EMI shielding
- MIL-DTL-38999 or HE standard part numbering
- 8LT or 8T part numbering for commercial cost effective solution
Resources and Documents
Esterline Connection Technologies is a world leader in the harsh environment interconnect solutions market. They have a strong culture of operational excellence. Composed of two highly respected interconnect brands, SOURIAU and SUNBANK. Esterline Connection Technologies is a global designer, manufacturer and supplier of high-performance and high-reliability interconnect products. These include connectors, backshells, conduits, cable assemblies, contacts and custom interconnect solutions.